Calcined Brucite (Caustic Magnesium Oxide).
Calcined Brucite – is a mineral of brucite that has undergone a thermal treatment under controlled conditions, the main substance of which is magnesium oxide (MgO).
The obtained product possesses unique properties such as high content of magnesium oxide (up to 92%), the absence of insoluble products of burning in its content, a white colour, a given granulometric composition, high activity, stable quality. Product operating name is Calcined brucite (caustic brucite). Its raw material is a mineral of brucite, natural magnesium hydroxide (Mg(OH)2).
Depending on a grade of brucite ore and mode of burning, the following brand products are distinguished:
- BSB – Brucite of soft burning;
- BMB – Brucite of moderate burning;
|Manufacture’s brand||ппп, %, max||MgO, %, min||CaO, %, max||SiO2 %, max||Fe2O3 %, max||Granulometric composition|
Packaging in FIBC with polyethylene insert from 500 to 1000 kg.
Storage: in closed warehouse premises under conditions excluding humid regiment and clogging with foreign materials.
Transportation: in covered and specialized vehicles, by rail and road transport, as well as in vehicles for mineral fertilizers and in hoppers.
Calcined brucite is manufactured by means of controlled burning of brucite ore at temperature range of 600-1200°C in specialized furnaces, with its further grinding and fractionation of the product.
Depending on the degree of temperature treatment (activity) and granulometric composition, calcined brucite is used as:
- a magnesia binder for magnesium oxide wallboard production, magnesia floors, different products and constructions with magnesia cement as a base;
- “anti-caking agent” for ammonium nitrate;
- an additive in polymers and rubber goods;
- component of hydraulic and expanding cement for drilling wells;
- feed additive for cattle and magnesium fertilizer;
- the active agent for water and gas purification;
- magnesia raw material for the chemical industry.